The post where I catch up on six months

Well I never intended to go quite this long between posts. It's a good thing I have no ambition of being one of those bloggers that makes a living at it. Life here at our house is just moving right along. I wish I could say that I've mastered the art of keeping my home and family organized, but as I look around right now and see dirty dishes and dirty laundry (in the living room??) I am assured that I haven't.

The Fall was very busy with Scouting. Lots of campouts and other events filled the weekends. We attended a family reunion in Tennessee and stayed in a great little cabin that my son and I decided we wanted to live in permanently. Christmas was hectic as usual. I made a promise to myself that I will do better in 2010. In fact, I promised myself that I would have all of the shopping, wrapping, card preparing and decorating finished by Thanksgiving. For once, I'd really like to enjoy Christmas without all of the last minute running around, trying like crazy to get everything done. January brought my 42nd birthday and audit season. I'm not sure what it was about this year, but I worked more hours than I ever have before. For 2 months I averaged 60 hour weeks. I tried to keep up with the house, PTA and scouts too but failed miserably on all counts.

Now it's Spring, not quite warm yet, but Spring just the same. Time to get this house cleaned up and forge ahead. Scout activities are picking up with the warmer weather and we are in full Philmont prep mode. PTA is winding down and I'm very happy about that. (I have not enjoyed these past 2 years. I took a board position because there was literally no one else to do it. I didn't want to, but I felt so sorry for the teacher that works with the PTA that I did it anyway. I'll never do that again. From now on I will not volunteer out of guilt, I will volunteer only after praying about it and know in my heart I'm doing it for the right reason.) Before I know it school will be out and we'll be preparing for...wait for it...high school. Time is just flying!

Even though I haven't been posting, I have been reading a commenting here and there when I have a chance. I've found some new blogs that I love and gave up some that weren't blessing my socks off. Just a few days ago I stumbled upon a blog with what seem to be very practical ideas for getting organized and being the best mom/wife a girl can be. I hope to spend some time reading this weekend and I'll share if it's as good as it seems.

I hear the laundry calling my name so I must tend to it. This evening is a scout swimming outing and tomorrow I will have lots of free time to clean and catch up while Dylan goes on a practice hike in preparation for Philmont this summer. Tons to do today and tomorrow so now I'm off with a pad and pen to make a list. Oh how I love a list!

No comments: