Taco Dip - I won an award!

I'm no food blogger, but this is a really simple recipe that's quite tasty so I thought I'd share.

I can now officially call this my Award Winning Taco Dip. Okay, so it wasn't a county fair or anything like that, and I won a flashlight instead of a blue ribbon, but I'll take the awards no matter where they come from.

Each year the district that my son's scout troop is in has a big fall kickoff party where they give an award for the best side dish and the best dessert. This year I won the best side dish category. Since I'm not much of a cook, this is big news in my house.

Here is the recipe if you want to try it yourself. It's really yummy!

Taco Dip

1 - 8oz block of cream cheese
1 - 8 oz container sour cream
1 lb ground beef
1 packet of taco seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (colby jack or mexican blend)
1/2 bell pepper - chopped
1/2 small onion - chopped
2 small tomatoes - thinly sliced

Soften cream cheese in microwave. Mix cream cheese and sour cream together. Spread mixture into a 9x12 baking dish. Place dish in refrigerator until mixture is solid, about 30 min.

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning. Prepare according to directions on seasoning.

Take the baking dish out of the refrigerator and spoon the seasoned meat evenly over the sour cream/cream cheese base.

Now begin layering. Sprinkle half of the cheese over the meat.

Spread the bell peppers and onions over the cheese.

Sprinkle the remaining cheese over the bell peppers and onions.

Arrange the sliced tomatoes over the top of the cheese.

Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy!




3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That looks like it would be great for dinner!

Unknown said...

Congrats! It looks delish!

Carpool Queen said...

Mmmmm...all my favorite ingredients on a chip :}

Good for you!