Ten on the Tenth - 7.10.09


It's summertime and everyone seems to be going on vacation. We haven't gone on a big vacation for a few years but here are a few places I'm dreaming of.

  1. Washington D.C. - I spent one day in DC when I was in high school. It was a whirlwind trip where we flew in early in the morning and returned home very late at night. I've been wanting to go back ever since. I'd love to spend a whole week there visiting all the monuments and museums.
  2. New York City - Oh my goodness...I've wanted to go to NYC for as long as I can remember. I grew up wanting to dance on Broadway and would love to go and see every show there is. I want to go lie on a blanket in Central Park and read a book. I want to see the Statue of Liberty and the Empire State Bldg. "Start spreadin' the news...."
  3. Alaskan Cruise - I don't know why but an Alaskan Cruise has always appealed to me. I can only imagine how beautiful it must be.
  4. San Francisco - I love the photos of the cable cars, the winding streets and Golden Gate bridge. It evokes another time when ladies wore long dresses and high top shoes.
  5. Mackinac Island, MI - I specifically want to go the The Grand Hotel. Talk about going back in time! I want to walk through the gardens, take a horse drawn carriage or just sit on that front porch with a glass of lemonade.
  6. A Little House tour - I've been to the Laura Ingalls Wilder home in Mansfield, MO...twice. I would love to take 10 days and make the grand tour of all the other little houses from Wisconsin to South Dakota. Really, not obsessed, just a fan. Really.
  7. Texas - I've been to Texas once for a really quick one day trip. I've heard that there are so many beautiful cities to visit and I could just spend a week driving from city to city taking it all in. Oh, and I want to see Southfork. I'm a nerd.
  8. The Ozarks - I've spent a little time in this area because my father grew up in Arkansas and we still have family there. I'd love to spend a week in a cabin on a lake though. I can't imagine anything more peaceful and realxing.
  9. Colorado - I've never seen the Rocky Mountains and I would love to. I can't imagine anything more majestic.
  10. The Outer Banks of North Carolina - I love the ocean but I'm not really a traditional beach girl. I'd much rather be walking the beach in a pair of capris than lying on a towel in a bathing suit. I really think I'd like to visit a more natural beach. Every beach that I've ever been to has been really commercial and full of people.

9 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Count me in on the LHOP tour. I've not been to one yet, but it's on my list!

Amber said...

You and me...NYC.

That's my #1 vacation dream. Broadway. Central Park. Times Square. Ellis Island. Statue of Liberty.

Yes. Please.

Kendra said...

I've done them all but the Little House tour. I want to go to Prince Edward Island for the Anne of Green Gables tour!

Anonymous said...

Call me when you do your Outer Banks trip. I'll wear my capris (and leave my capri-hater husband at home).

Unknown said...

i would LOVE to do the Little House tour as well! Maybe someday!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'll go to NYC with you & Amber! Wouldn't that be fun?

I went to Mackinac Island when I was in high school...still remember how quaint and how beautiful it was.

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Where in AR did your father grow up?

Sarah said...

Oh the fun of dreaming! Delighted to meet you and get to know you a bit. I've been so many places that at home is the best place for me.

Hugs from this missionary mommy,
Sarah Dawn

Lori ~ The Simple Life at Home said...

Mary, I'd love to answer any questions you might have. I've enabled my email in my blog profile, so feel free to pop back over and send me an email with how I could help.

It's been awhile! How are you? :)