Hmmm...two tens in the date. Does that mean we have to do twenty? What's going to happen in October? (sorry, weird mood today)
I haven't participated for a while and now the tenth is almost over so I better get on it.
Top Ten Reasons I Hate Summer
10. Mosquitos. I'm a magnet for the little bloodsuckers and the bites sometimes end up the size of marbles.
9. Shorts. These legs just aren't suited for shorts ANY. MORE.
8. Swimsuits. If the legs aren't suited for shorts you can just imagine that the rest of me shouldn't be visible to the public.
7. Humidity. Here in the river valley the humidity is a killer. There is nothing worse than walking out the door at 7:30 am and feeling like you just stepped into a wet blanket. A hot wet blanket.
6. Sunburns. I can use spf 100 and still get burnt. People with black hair aren't supposed to do that are they?
5. Delayed Sunset. It stays light so darn late that I can't go to bed early. Because yes, sometimes I do go to bed with the chickens.
4. Electric Bill. We've had 90+ temps for over a month now and the A/C has been running nonstop. I'm going to have to take out a loan to keep the power on at this rate.
3. Fireworks after baseball games. Okay, now I just sound like a crabby old woman don't I? See, we live a few blocks from an historic old ball field. (It was in A League of Their Own) On the weekends they have fireworks after the game. Sometimes they don't start until 10:30 or 11:00 pm and if you've been keeping track (see #5) I like to go to bed early. When the fireworks start I suddenly feel like I'm in the middle of an old WWII flick.
2. Grass. I HATE yard work. I told my husband when we got married that I don't do yard work. I really should have put it in our vows. Fortunately our son now does most of the mowing.
1. Sweating. Yep, that's my numero uno! The A/C in our car went out some time back and at almost $1000 to replace it, in a 10 yr old car, it's going to stay out. So I don't get a break from the heat. There's nothing like driving to work at 7:30 in the morning and having your makeup dripping off your face. Gotta love it!
It's all God
1 week ago