Simple Sunday 03.15.09

In keeping with the title of this blog, I want to take time out each week to remember the simple things that happen in daily life that make me happy. Those are the things that really matter. Sometimes they occur in mere seconds and are gone all too quickly. I want to be able to come back and read through them and remember. When life is making me crazy, I want to be able to remember.

Simple Sunday

Dylan shared the big recliner with me yesterday while watching a movie. That has been our snuggle spot since he came home from the hospital but for the last year or so he's been telling me we don't fit and he wouldn't sit with me. But yesterday, for 2 glorious hours my boy sat in our chair with me and let me snuggle.

On Friday night I finally went and got my Sam's card. I was added to the company account this year but hadn't made it out there yet. So, I got the card and Kevin went with me. We walked through the store chatting and buying way too much. Including a 5 lb bag of peanuts in the shell. We never grocery shop together and it was fun to spend the time together.

Last Saturday night we went shopping at the mall for Dylan's birthday presents. We had Chik-Fil-A and spent time in the cafe court reminiscing about our growing boy.

That's it. That's all I have for this week. I'm sure there were other moments that passed too quickly and were forgotten. I'll have to try to make notes this week. I don't want to forget the simple things that make me smile.

1 comment:

Carpool Queen said...

My Sunday School lesson was on contentment this morning. This just reinforced it. Thanks.