- I just finished Day 3 of The Shred. I still can't do the whole thing but I'm doing a little more each day. I did a few more jumping jacks, a few more push-ups and a few more crunches. I've also lost close to 2 lbs. The weight loss is probably due to giving up soft drinks though.
- I'm working on an organizational system for daily and weekly schedules. I'm trying to incorporate chores and meal plans. I'm guessing my Granny never had an organizational system and she raised 5 kids by herself, during the depression with no electricity or running water. I think the biggest problem with my homemaking skills is me. Not my lack of a good organizational system.
- I was so proud of myself last night. I found a great deal on ground chuck, bought close to 15 pounds, came home and browned it off and put it all in zip loc bags for future use. Wouldn't it have been fabulous if I'd put it in the freezer instead of leaving on the kitchen counter all night long?
- I've got to clean the house, make potato salad and deviled eggs, go back to the grocery for more ground chuck and do a ton of laundry. And I'm sitting here in front of the computer.
- The potato salad and deviled eggs are for my nephews birthday party later today. He's turning 8 and is an exact replica of my husband at that age. I'll have to post the pictures to prove it. This kid can eat his weight in deviled eggs so my MIL and I are both making some. Better not check his cholestoral any time soon.
- Tomorrow is church, lots of household paperwork (including PTA and Scouts) and I've got to go pick out a new vanity, sink and toilet. I'd rather be shopping for a new handbag. Oh, and I'll be shredding before church. Can't wait for that!
- Why am I the only female in the world that can't stand to read Jane Austen? I love the movies, but the books? I can't force myself and I feel like a failure as a woman. There. I've admitted it.
How is that for a ramble? Now I'm going to do a whirlwind cleaning job and fix that food. No way I'm going to get it all done. Crud. I don't have a gift yet. Now I have a #8.